Nasdaq-listed Marathon Patent Group is shopping for 10,000 of the extra environment friendly Antminer S19 Professional bitcoin miners from Bitmain in a deal price tens of millions of .
▪ Marathon mentioned the deal would increase the corporate’s operations to 23,560 next-generation miners, “making it the most important self-miner in North America”.
▪ When totally put in, the brand new machines will deliver the agency’s complete hashrate to 2.56 exahash per second (EH/s) – one of many world’s prime 15 bitcoin miners.
▪ In August, Marathon purchased one other 10,500 miners of the identical make for $23 million. Bitmain will ship all of the miners in batches beginning in January by means of June.
▪ Marathon CEO Merrick Okamoto mentioned the corporate’s mining operations had continued to develop “in opposition to the backdrop of just lately rising bitcoin costs.”
▪ The newest buy comes simply two weeks after Marathon, an $81.6 million-valued firm, introduced a three way partnership settlement that reduces its electrical energy prices for extracting bitcoin by 38%.
▪ Shares of Marathon rose almost 11% to $2.82 in pre-trading on Tuesday. Over the previous 52 weeks, the inventory touched a excessive of $5.25 and a low of $zero.35.
What do you consider Marathon’s ambitions? Tell us within the feedback part beneath.
Picture Credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This text is for informational functions solely. It’s not a direct supply or solicitation of a proposal to purchase or promote, or a advice or endorsement of any merchandise, providers, or firms. Bitcoin.com doesn’t present funding, tax, authorized, or accounting recommendation. Neither the corporate nor the creator is accountable, instantly or not directly, for any harm or loss precipitated or alleged to be attributable to or in reference to using or reliance on any content material, items or providers talked about on this article.